A perfect vacuum cleaner can help you clean your home without the slightest headache and messiness even though you must work at it. But how do you choose the most appropriate cleaner that would suit your needs? Here we give you brief descriptions of the different types of vacuum cleaners.
A vacuum cleaner can help you clean your home without the slightest headache and messiness even though you must work at it. An efficient vacuum cleaner that is good at its cleaning chore will make the job easy and quick. But how do you choose the most appropriate cleaner that would suit your needs? Here we give you brief descriptions of the different types of vacuum cleaners.
- Upright vacuum cleaner: Upright vacuum cleaners have a rotating brush roll that provides agitation. It comes either with one motor that rotates the agitator brush and providesthe suction or two engines that do the job separately. They are versatile and excel at cleaning carpets and smooth floors.
- Canister vacuum cleaner: Canisters offer outstanding cleaning performance on smooth floors, carpets,and surfaces above the ground. The cleaning tools include a wand and hose. Hence, they are more maneuverable and can quickly get into tight spaces and under furniture.
- Wet and dry: This vacuum cleaner is perfect for cleaning dry debris and wet spills on the floors. This flexibility is helpful for any household because you can use it in the bathroom and the kitchen. The blower function is ideal for cleaning and clearing dirt from unreachable spots such as room corners.
- Robotic vacuum cleaners: Robotic vacuum cleaners are autonomous. They areideal for vacuuming huge floor areas. They differ significantly in air filtration, suction, power, sensors, and onboard computer intelligence. The self-cleaning brush roll and the automatic dirt disposal help clean homes. Some combine robot mops and robot vacuums in one unit.
- Multi-purpose vacuum cleaner: These vacuum cleaners come with 1000 watts-power consumption and a 17-liter capacity. They also come with different nozzles to attach to the hose for various spaces. This vacuum features a compact design and an ergonomic handle. The price of vacuum cleaner in Kenya typically varies depending ontheir purpose.
- Cordless vacuum cleaner:Cordless cleaners are slowly replacing corded cleaners. They are lightweight and maneuverable, making them convenient and pleasant to use. They work on batteries, which need recharging between uses. The drawback is that they cannot clean stubborn debris.
- Stick vacuum cleaners: Stick vacuum cleaners are versatile and lightweight for cleaning the house. If you are worried about the aesthetic of vacuum cleaners and live in a modern apartment, this cleaner is ideal as it comes in various styles and colors. However, it cannot clean heavily wet floors. Although it’s not the most durable, it can easily last for around four to seven years.
- Bagged versus bagless: A bagless vacuum cleaner promises suction even when the bag is full because the air quickly passes through the center, and the dirt and dust get flung to both sides. It can be relatively cheaper. However, emptying the bag can be a chore and not good if you suffer from dust allergies. A well-designed bagged vacuum cleaner keeps dust contained but is more expensive.
There are several factors for you to consider when buying a vacuum cleaner, such as the floor type, your budget, and the optional advanced features. But we hope that we have given you enough information about the different kinds of vacuum cleaners, which has helped you narrow down your options.