The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level MBA Exam to seek admission to management programs across Top business schools in India. Aspirants preparing for the CAT exam should be informed about the CAT Syllabus and paper structure to ensure that they are fully informed. Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Analysis are the three sections of the CAT test. It is necessary to research all three areas thoroughly. Begin your CAT exam preparation by choosing the relevant books and resources.
The first thing you should know about CAT is that it lacks a comprehensive curriculum. The most efficient strategy to prepare for CAT 2022 is to exercise with actual CAT papers and high-quality mock exams. Download CAT question papers and practice mock test to level up your preparation.
Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation(DILR)
The problems in the Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Data Interpretation sections constitute the CAT exam’s easy wins. They are easy to solve but may take time. As a result, you must take account of your pace while being precise. Aspirants can ace this section by taking reasoning quizzes or engaging in logic-based activities.
- The Data Interpretation (DI) and Logical Reasoning (LR) segment of the CAT exam is frequently a combination of easy and complex problems. Even though the total number of questions in this subject is the least, it needs the same level of preparation as the other sections.
- In the CAT test, data interpretation and logical reasoning are combined. The overall number of DILR questions was lowered to 20 in 2021. This segment’s weightage will remain the same in CAT 2022. Previous years’ CAT question papers and sample papers are the finest resources of DILR preparation for CAT.
- Tables, Line Charts, Pie Charts, Bar Charts, Mixed Charts, and any other unconventional but organized data display are common types of Data Interpretation problems in the CAT syllabus. Caselets are another variation that has remained popular in the CAT exam. These are groups of paragraphs that include numerical data and must be organized logically to be understandable.
Logical Reasoning Preparation
Logical Reasoning questions assess an aspirant’s ability to comprehend a network of connections and form reasonable inferences about those links. The IIM has not provided a definite CAT syllabus for the logical reasoning section. Questions include various topics, including alphanumeric series, cubes and cuboids, reasoning/statement analysis, directions, and series and sequences. To grasp this part of the test, students must first study the CAT syllabus for Logical Reasoning.
Here are a few ways to prepare for this section:
- Improve your time-management abilities. You have forty minutes to complete the questions. Determine which questions you feel confident in answering first. Then, create a time restriction for responding to them precisely and accurately.
- Build your approach to respond to the logical reasoning problems. As you answer more practice questions, you’ll discover which strategy works best for you.
- Practice previous year’s question papers and mock examinations in a quiet environment to prepare for the actual exam.
Data Interpretation Preparation
Data Analysis, also known as data interpretation, is the process of analyzing and understanding data. The CAT data interpretation section assesses an aspirant’s capability to grasp and analyze data and make critical judgments.
The CAT data interpretation problems may appear to be lengthy. The key to answering these questions is finding the relevant facts and tackling the problem in steps. The data interpretation portion includes charts, tables, and Venn diagrams. The primary idea behind data interpretation questions is to assess applicants’ decision-making abilities and determine what is optimal for various scenarios.
The key to CAT 2022 exam success is concept knowledge and frequent practice with solid time management. Candidates may also get expert CAT preparation guidance to ensure that their approach to preparation is efficient and successful. To maintain a disciplined approach, create a daily calendar for CAT preparation.Stay Connected With our Education Blogs & Submit write for us.